Admission process - PhD in Physics / Materials Science
- Starting dates: January and August.
- Symbolic fee: 100 mexican pesos per semester.
- All the admitted students (Mexicans and foreigners) will have a CONACyT scholarship for covering living expenses.
- Master's degree in physics, materials science or related areas.
- A minimum note for the master's studies of 8/10 (2.7 european).
- Approve an admission test
(formal request to the coordinator of the program).
- Documentation required by the general regulation of the University.
- English level of at least B2.
The foreign candidates can have the admission test via Skype, in English or Spanish.
- Script of notes
- Certificate of the master's title.
- Birth certificate.
- Applications have to be sent at least three months in advance to the starting date
(January and August).
- Documents can be sent electronically or by post.
Dr. Lilia Meza Montes
Coordinator of graduate studies (Materials Science).
Dr. Roberto Cartas Fuentevilla
Coordinator of graduate studies (Physics).
Institute of Physics, BUAP
Av. San Claudio y Blvd. 18 Sur, Col. San Manuel
Edificios 1IF1, Ciudad Universitaria,
C.P. 72570, Puebla, Pue.
Additional information for foreign students:
Return to the page previous.
In case of being accepted, the Institute of Physics will send the applicant an acceptance letter to be presented
at the Mexican embassy to transact a visa.
All the documents have to be translated into Spanish or English by a certified translator and
require an apostille.