Admission process - MSc in Physics / Materials Science
- Starting date: August.
- Symbolic fee: 100 mexican pesos per semester.
- Admitted students (Mexicans and foreigners) receive a CONACyT scholarship.
- Bachelor degree in physics, material sciences or related areas.
- Minimum grade in the bachelor studies: 8/10 (2.7 european).
- Formal request to the coordinator of the program to:
- present an admission test1 or
- attend the propaedeutics
(minimum grade for acceptance of 8/10).
- Documentation required by
the general regulation of the University.
- Intermediate English level (B1).
- Basic communication skills in spanish.
It is possible to take the admission test in a Mexican embassy or consulate
upon request to the coordinator of the program.
- Script of notes
- Certificate of the bachelor title.
- Birth certificate.
- Applications have to be sent at least three months in advance to starting date
(once per year in August).
- Documents can be sent electronically or by post.
Dr. Lilia Meza Montes
Coordinator of graduate studies (Materials Science).
Dr. Roberto Cartas Fuentevilla
Coordinator of graduate studies (Physics).
Institute of Physics, BUAP
Av. San Claudio y Blvd. 18 Sur, Col. San Manuel
Edificios 1IF1, Ciudad Universitaria,
C.P. 72570, Puebla, Pue.
Additional information for foreign students:
Return to the page previous.
In case of being accepted, the Institute of Physics will send the applicant an acceptance letter to be presented
at the Mexican embassy to transact a visa.
All the documents have to be translated into Spanish or English by a certified translator and
require an apostille.